Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Should Valentino keep designing for the same lady?

I've read a lot of reviews about the Valentino collection and so far, no one seems impressed. There was a fantastic article in that giant Grazia a few weeks ago about the Valentino designers and the work that they do. But it did state that the designers view the brand as one that does not make trends but rather defines a particular customer. It was a bit odd to read an interview with two designers who almost sounded as if they had given up. They spoke of negative reviews when they attempt to redesign the brand as edgy a few seasons ago - then they said they learned from their mistake and went back to designing for the Valentino customer.
Which could be why a few writers and Cocoperez described the collection as boring. They have a point, it does seem to be the same collection over and over again....which is only good for so long and only good if your the woman they design for.
For me, Valentino isn't my style. I fall in love with the occasional piece (I urge you to enter Brown Thomas Galway and see the golden beaded dress they have in stock - its GORGEOUS) But I think that for the most part, their designing for a very different woman to me. A woman with manners, grace and charm - I for the most part wear punk inspired quirky pieces which I hope scream 'alternative' and 'edgy', so Valentino is not really the brand for me.
However no one does red carpet or delicate quite like Valentino....

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar